Welcome to the employment section of dallasaeyc.org.
Date posted: April 18
The Weekday School at University Park United Methodist Church
a NAEYC accredited center!
4024 Caruth Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75225
The Weekday School at UPUMC is seeking two classroom teachers.
MWF/TTh 2.5s teacher. This teaching position requires a M-F, 8:30-2:30 time commitment and teaches two classrooms of children (MWF & TTh). Teachers working with the 2.5 age level work in teaching teams as co-teachers. The 2.5 age level serves children who turn two on or before March 1. This teaching position requires teamwork and the knowledge and application of early childhood best practices in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and lesson planning.
Applicants must have an associate’s degree or higher. Applicants with a degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field are preferred. Two years experience working within context of early childhood is a plus. The Weekday School values a positive and collaborative work ethic. Personal qualities of compassion, patience and respect for children, families and colleagues are essential.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Libby Nicodemus at firstname.lastname@example.org
T/Th Toddler 2 teacher. This teaching position requires a Tuesday/Thursday, 8:30-2:30 and occasional Monday, 12:15-2:30 time commitment. Teachers working with the Toddler 2 age level work in teaching teams as co-teachers. The Toddler 2 age level serves children who are 23-30 months of age as of September 1. This teaching position requires teamwork and the knowledge and application of early childhood best practices in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and lesson planning.
Applicants must have an associate’s degree or higher. Applicants with a degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field are preferred. Two years experience working within a context of early childhood education is a plus. The Weekday School values a positive and collaborative work ethic. Personal qualities of compassion, patience and respect for children, families and colleagues are essential.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Libby Nicodemus at email@example.com
Date posted: April 14
Bright Horizons at JP Morgan Chase North Dallas or Arlington
- Create unique learning experiences and guide summer camp activities that are engaging and relevant to school age children.
- Use playgrounds, the surrounding communities, and special visitors as an extension of the camp.
- Help children to discover science, explore nature, and engage in the creative arts.
|For more information, contact:
Laura Veal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: April 12
University Christian Church 2720 S. University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76109
Director of Weekday School
- Participate as a member of UCC program staff to coordinate policies and programs of WDS with larger church and larger church with WDS.
- Work with Associate Minister to Children for issues of pastoral care for WDS staff and WDS families.
- Oversee weekday school budget, including operating, capital expenditures,
and reserve funds with Supervising Director
- Maintain status of WDS as licensed and accredited child-care center. Including all requirements for student files, staff files and other documentation required by licensing.
- Have extensive knowledge of licensing requirements and ensure that all policies, practices and personnel meet or exceed all requirements
- Supervise all personnel matters including hiring, dismissal, training and classroom practices. Employee concerns or misconduct will be managed with Supervising Director and UCC Personnel Committee if necessary.
- Maintain mission statement of Weekday School, including whole child, play-based approach to early education
- Maintain curriculum, policies, classroom practices, and long-range planning in manner consistent with philosophy of Weekday School
- Maintain regular office hours during school day for accessibility for parents and staff, including during Early Birds and Discovery Time
- Participate and work with parent led weekday school board to recommend and discuss school policies, programs, finances and long-range planning
- Oversee and maintain communication with parents, TCU, and community programs on behalf of UCC, working with early childhood professionals in the local area
- Maintain membership in professional organizations
- Oversee maintenance of facility and security and safety policies by working with UCC Buildings and Grounds
Required Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or similar
Preferred Master’s degree in early childhood education, child development or similar
Minimum 5 years working with children in preschool educational setting
Management experience handling budget, staff and resources
Strong interpersonal and mediation skills to effectively work with parents and staff
Knowledge of state licensure requirements and accreditation guidelines
Familiarity and support for play based, experiential, developmentally appropriate child centered learning
Send cover letter & resume to: Alice Phillips, Maroondoc1@charter.net
Or Michelle Ingram, Director of Operations email@example.com
Date posted: April 11
Momentous Institute 106 E. Tenth St. Dallas, Texas 75208
Director of Early Childhood Education
Contact James H. Chambers (469) 547-‐3722 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: April 11
Child Care Associates 3000 E Belknap St, Fort Worth, TX 76111
Early Academics Officer
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to EAO@childcareassociates.org
Date posted: April 11
Lena Pope Early Learning Center 3200 Sanguinet Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Early Learning Center Director
Responsible for the direction, supervision and operations of the Lena Pope Early Learning Center (ELC) under the supervision and guidance of the CEO. Position requires the development, training, implementation and evaluation of all program components; maintaining appropriate staffing and child/teacher ratios; ensuring consistent meeting of all licensing and/or accreditation standards; ensuring children and families receive quality service delivery in a safe environment that supports program objectives; budget oversight and management; ensuring contract compliance; assisting in securing supplemental funding; and ensuring that services are provided in a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
1) Educational/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or related field. Valid driver’s license required. Director/Administrator Credential preferred.
2) Required Knowledge: Experience and knowledge in working in the educational system. Knowledge of “what works” with high risk families and children. Practical knowledge of behavior modification models, classroom management models, counseling modalities and related techniques. Broad knowledge of community resources and case management experience. At least two years of relevant management experience.
3) Experience Preferred: At least 3 years of experience working in Early Childhood Education or in another capacity with the same population. At least 2 years of management experience. Experience with evidence-based program/practice implementation and sustainability.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and submit an on-line application to email@example.com.
Date Posted: April 11
East Grand Preparatory
6211 East Grand Avenue, Dallas, TX 75223 Phone: 214-545-6553
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION COORDINATOR provides technical assistance, mentoring, and training to the staff for the students in prekindergarten through second grade.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree Early in Childhood Education, Child Development or related field; Certified Teacher and Master’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge and at least 5 years successful experience in working with early childhood.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
- Academically fluent in English and Spanish (listening, speaking, reading, writing)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and access to transportation.
Applicants contact Glenda Brannon, Human Resource Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: March 30
KIPP Dallas- Fort Worth
1545 S. Ewing Avenue Dallas, TX 75216/ Phone Number: (972) 323-4203
Lead K Through 8 Teachers’
Job Description: We are looking for talented and committed educators to serve as Lead Teachers for our elementary and middle school classes. Our Lead Teachers will lead the decision-making process for the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a world-class early childhood education program from the stages of vision to execution.
We realize that the outcomes our students deserve necessitate continuously strong teaching from the time our students enter kindergarten until they graduate from college. As such, our Lead Teachers will work closely with the School Leaders at KIPP DFW to ensure that our students learn, grow, and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes. In collaboration with a Teaching Fellow, each Lead Teacher will be responsible for ensuring that our scholar-leaders have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful, excellent teaching.
Above all else, the ideal Lead Teacher will find joy and purpose in teaching children the habits necessary to be successful in school, and s/he will relish the opportunity to imbue our students with a love for learning. S/he must also be committed to KIPP DFW’s mission, while possessing the beliefs, character traits, and skills necessary to ensure student growth and achievement.
Posted March 22
A kindergarten teaching position requires a M-F, 8:30am-2:30pm time commitment. This position requires teamwork and the knowledge and application of early childhood best practices in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and lesson planning.
Applicants must have a Baccalaureate degree and be currently certified to teach elementary education. A minimum of five years teaching experience in pre-K through 4th grade is required. Applicants with a degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field are preferred. The Weekday School values a positive and collaborative work ethic. Personal qualities of compassion, patience and respect for children, families and colleagues are essential.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to
Libby Nicodemus at email@example.com
Posted: February 9, 2017
Clinical Assistant Professor for Montessori and Early Childhood Education at Southern Methodist University
The Department of Teaching and Learning in the Simmons School of Education and Human Development invites nominations and applications for a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor for Montessori and Early Childhood Education. This is a non-tenured, five-year appointment. The individual hired for this position will support the Simmons School in partnering with Montessori and early childhood educational service providers in the local and regional area and in participating at the national level in efforts to promote high-quality early childhood education for all students. SMU is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Candidates should have an advanced degree in education or an education-related field and substantial experience in Montessori education, preferably including early education (pre-K through 3rd) work. Interested applicants should apply online at https://apply.interfolio.com/40033. Questions about the position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference position number 00053817.
To ensure full consideration for the position, applicants should submit their application package by February 10, 2017. The committee will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. The committee will notify applicants of the employment decision after the position is filled.
a NAEYC accredited center!
==================== ==================== ====================
If your center or organization would like to post a job application here please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Please provide the following information about your job posting:
Physical Address of Employment and Phone Number
Job Description and Requirements/Skills
How you want to be contacted by applicants (Ex: E-mail Address, Website Link, Phone Number)
Posting will appear by the end of the month. All posting will be listed for 3 months, or until you notify us that the job has been filled.
Physical Address of Employment and Phone Number:
Job Description and Requirements/Skills:
How you contact them:
Dallas Association for the Education of Young Children
Telephone Number: (972) 699-0420
E-Mail Address: DallasAEYC@DallasAEYC.org
PO BOX 833395
Richardson, TX 75083-3395
3544 E Emporium Circle
Mesquite, TX 75150
Dallas AEYC is dedicated to advocacy, Accreditation, and excellence in Education for young children & Early Childhood Professionals